A growth agenda
Esbjerg Airport wants to exploit unique opportunities, the location and the facilities that the airport offers in terms of tourism, business and residents.
Esbjerg Airport has an ambitious development strategy for growth: not just in the helicopter traffic, where the Airport is already the largest provider in Denmark, but also in scheduled air services, charter traffic and air cargo. With a huge customer base and an easily accessible infrastructure, the airport has a great potential for growth.
To develop new routes
A successful route development requires an ambitious and strong network together with a clear strategy to involve central stakeholders from business, tourism and the local community.
You will be the key in delivering business development by establishing new routes, capacity and traffic at the airport.
You must be passionate and interested in the long-term success of the airport and will be strongly motivated of the business development role. The job requires a strong insight into the aviation business in terms of identifying, analysing and attracting new route development within scheduled air service, charter traffic and air cargo.
You will report to and support the Airport Manager.
Your main tasks will include:
- Identifying, analysing and developing new routes and attracting airlines (passenger and cargo) to Esbjerg Airport.
- Preparing material and participating in sales meeting and conferences thereby strengthening the position of Esbjerg Airport.
- Airline Relationship Management. Proactively building and maintaining strong working relationships with new and existing airlines and third parties (regions, tourism authorities, other airports, etc.) and delivering compelling business cases to be presented to airline executives.
- Exploring the opportunities within the existing aviation network at the airport so as to retain the customers.
- Closely advising the Management team at Esbjerg Airport
Experience in aviation
A challenging job
- A proven track record in route development and familiar with aviation business
- Updated on IATA and ICAOs rules and regulations in terms of Airlines, Airports, Passenger and Air Freight.
- Commercial experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong competencies to navigate between different stakeholders
- Experience in proactively building and maintaining relationships
- The ability to potentially work non-traditional hours
Please do not hesitate to contact Airport Manager Susanne Kruse Sørensen at +45 2032 4289 and Senior Consultant Evald Eriksen from Genitor at +45 4057 8707 for a confidential discussion of the terms of and opportunities offered by the position.
If you find the job interesting, you can submit your application via the link below. Please elaborate on any experience you have in route development and other relevant business areas in your application.Esbjerg Airport is a well-managed airport. The employees are very committed, shows great flexibility combined with great loyalty to their workplace. Cooperation and a positive dialogue are the basis for business development, operations and service at all levels.
Esbjerg Airport is owned by the City of Esbjerg. Esbjerg Airport and Esbjerg Port are extremely important for the municipal and regional infrastructure and because of their considerable contribution to the economic development of the municipality and the region.Deadline for application: January 4th at 10.00 am. Ansøg